Are you your true friend?

Lots of quotes are floating today in this digital era, some resonate in full. Each of us we view them in our minds eye of perception and there is no right or wrong to it. The following was a forward and I want you to read it interpret in your way and see if my interpretation to the same matches, else do share yours in comments.





I landed up at DEF when my mind raced back to alphabet A. and each of these became questions rather than what it says. Let me share how.

A - Do I accept myself as I am? or do I feel I need acceptance from others around me?
B - Do I believe in myself ? or do I fall trap for what ever someone believes me to be from their point of lifes understanding?
C - Do I celebrate myself? Or do I find only faults in  me that, I should have done better in each step of the way?
D - DO I defend myself? or do I let it go and say sorry for anything and everything just so I am accepted in the society even if I was right?

E - Do I encourage myself? Or do I wait for someone to approve and pat my back in person or via social media likes and comments?
F - Do I forgive myself? or do I blame myself / get guilty that I was not good enough in some ones eyes for we are all humans and we make mistakes in every stage of life as we learn and grow so, do I forgive myself too in the process?
G - Do I give to myself what I need? or am I going behind what others need me to be?

H - Do I have patience with myself? or do I fall trap to someone else's target of timeline as success timeline in life?
I - Do I inspire myself? or do I look outside of me for inspiration?
J- Do I jolt my senses? or do I want for someone else to come and show myself in the mirror?
K - Do I keep my own secrets? Or am I sharing with others to prove my life is worse than theirs?

L - Do I love myself for who I am? Or do I look a the mirror and say oh why is my nose dislocated or point out at all the flaws alone?
M - Do I make myself better? Or do I wait for something horrible to happen in life, that life itself pushes me to become better each day? do I resist ?
N - Do I ever abandon myself? or do I pull myself up from every fall or fail, or do I expect someone else to come to my rescue and fix me?
O - Do I open my own doors? Or do I have expectations from others to always be there to help me rather than help myself?
P - Do I prod myself to do my best? Or do I expect someone else to tell me what I am best at? Do i even know me?

Q - Do I quell my own fears? Who would better know me and about about my own fears? someone else?
R - Do I restore my confidence? Do I pick myself up and face life with confidence or expect a shoulder to cry on?
S - Do I share my joy and grief?  or do I  share the joy alone, with family and friends and social media and keep way my grief and burry myself? am I balanced?

T - Do I tell the truth? Or most times its only hear say? If I have to tell the truth it can be only my personal experience? Do I talk from space of somethings that's told to me to believe in as north west east and south (NEWS)
U - Do I understand myself? Do I give myself time to understand why I do what I do and say?
V -  Do I Value myself? Or do I sell myself short?

W - Do I want myself to be happy? If yes then why do I brood over my past and get anxious about the future?
X - Do I explain things to others? If there is clear understanding why even explain to self or others?
Y - Do I yell at others who hurt me? Sometimes yes, why do I do that? will I like someone yell at me at any time?
Z - Do I zap myself back to reality? Or do I stay away from reality immersing myself into social media / movies/ entertainment or other forms of toxic engagement  or run away from facing reality?

All these questions and more flooded in when I read that forward.

For there is one thing certain, when can I give alms to a beggar on the street? Only when I have something to give right?

So, if I have to be a true friend to someone as per these ABCDs and if I would be able to give all this to another, I should have them in me. 
So, everything comes back to Simply At home.. Simply to ones inner self. BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE.. be that best friend to yourself and you will see the best friends outside of you too.

This is my message to myself on reading and reflecting on this simple forward I received. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishment - When does the subconscious feel it?

Attention Deficient - Who does not have it?

Mother = Infinite energy?