100 Days of Consistency - Is that possible?

Being consistent was always boring and not my piece of cake. Everyday has to be different and new. 

But to develop a new habit or replace an old one needs tremendous amount of consistency irrespective of how we feel at that time and space. For that I am going to be grateful to my parents for pushing me at this ripe age too.

In the last two years I tried to read books, listen to motivational podcasts and implement those with blind fold faith. Why? since mind was already preoccupied and overwhelmed with a great deal of do do things in my list.

What I leant from my experience is thus in a nutshell is below:

Habit changer attempt 1:

21 days to make a new habit.
Well this helps but once the date 21 comes to a full circle I did fall back to the old me. It did feel good that i was able to take action. 

I would suggest each one to start here to understand that yes it is possible if we put our minds and body in action.


Habit changer attempt 2:

Religious fasting of food be it in Lent, Ramzan or Sabarimala. All talks about a month in their own calendar between 30 (English month) - 48days (Mandala Sanskrit month)

So I decided to plan my own method called one mandala ie 48 days. This would give an edge since it is twice the 21days habit changer mode.

Did this make me consistent. Phew no :(
Trust me i would suggest you to try it gives such a wonderful feeling of YES I CAN DO IT!


Habit changer attempt 3:

In this process thanks to Artificial Intelligence (AI) in my gadget kept on prompting me podcasts about habits and there was a new one which spoke about 66 days to first break the old habit.

What new scientific method was this? This is when I realized that to gain a new habit and consistency of what we want new means the shift of the old pattern, that itself takes 66days as per that theory.

Ofcourse i did that too. And? Yes i started observing my ways of getting consistent. Realized i was trying to finish it all in a day. 

Wanted to put my own observations to another attempt in baby steps.


So here comes Habit Changer attempt 4:

Coined my first concept of 90 Days ie 3 months. So i take up only one thing every 3 months coz there would be oscillations of doing a week and a short few days break and then again. 

For the first time since last year when i tried this i felt more relaxed than ever before. One thing, for 90 Days and getting consistent at that one thing that was need of the hour. After 90days got excited that i was able to do it. So i created partnership.

In this partnership, both of us will take one thing we want to do for next 90days. I started seeing results. if someone key was ex and so was mine we partnered to do 5 min ex daily for 90 days. IF one of my contacts was interested in a hobby and i had a inclination to hobby so it was with that person and the list goes on. This method started to work for them too, and so some of them came back and started asking me shall we start another 90 days of something else they wanted to do. This became contagious in the right spirit.
This works best to start with the self. 

Ie, i want to consistently :_
Get up early
Read few pages of a book
Hobby
health (walking, food habits, yoga)


Finally Habit gets consistent, when i am accountable to tell someone i did it and still will oscillate but bouncing back to routine will come with ease. 

I have been hearing about law of attraction. Today i want to share that i am going to start believing it. For after getting consistent in my 90 Days. 
Last month i was introduced with a wonderful group on similar lines and they talk about 100 days of consistency. 

So next 100 days lets hope I get consistent and keep sharing what I am going to take up and work out. 

One most important thing is - never think of the end result when you start just start with the small bits of the whole puzzle and things will roll the 100 days. This is going to be my mantra as I venture into a commitment of 100 days of consistency.

See you all in my next post. TC and Stay safe.
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishment - When does the subconscious feel it?

Attention Deficient - Who does not have it?